In January when we released our Strategic Plan, we committed to build an active and activist Movement that’s focused on our values and invests in improving all that we do.
Six months on, I’m pleased to report that the Young Liberals are doing more than ever before. Since January, Young Liberals have:
- Volunteered thousands of hours on the ground ahead of multiple State Elections and By-elections, as well as injecting thousands of additional extra man-hours on the ground in the key Tasmanian and South Australian State Elections through our Electoral Development Officer Programme;
- Made the public case for lower taxes, smaller government and more freedom both in the media and in comprehensive submissions to the Government which has resulted in the Government taking more action to deal with the debt bomb, freezing funding to the ABC and backing aspiration;
- Convinced the Government to end aid to the Palestinian Authority until their state-promoted attacks on Israeli citizens end; and
- Continued to implement our strategy to professionalise our Movement and its membership.
This approach is delivering some incredible results:
- This year alone, Young Liberals have contacted more than 250,000 voters through phone canvassing and doorknocking around Australia;
- In July, we recorded the largest single-month increase in membership applications to join our Movement ever;
- We have achieved a record level of fundraising enabling us to do even more; and
- We’ve reached more than 650,000 Australians through our Facebook page, with an 11% increase in page likes since January.
While there is much more to do, the Young Liberals are having a bigger impact than ever before and it's all thanks to the incredible work of Young Liberals around Australia and our supporters.
Thank you for all of your support for the Young Liberals.
Young Liberal Movement