Tonight’s Budget handed down by Treasurer Scott Morrison is good for young Australians and is in keeping with our values.
We successfully made the case in our Budget Submission for lower taxes, smaller government, backing aspiration and the free market and tonight, the Government has delivered.
Importantly, the Budget includes:
- Tax cuts to support households and to drive economic growth as well as making the tax system easier to navigate;
- Backing the free market and capitalism to drive investment and jobs growth;
- A path to surplus and a plan to deal with debt, including an earlier and smaller than expected debt peak as well as locked in tax cuts and a speed limit on expenditure;
- Freezing funding to the bloated and PC-propaganda machine, the ABC;
- Supporting aspiration through extending the instant asset write off and further apprenticeship opportunities; and
- Ensuring cheaper beer through placing craft brewers on a level playing field.
While not everything in our Budget Submission has been delivered, and we will continue to make the case, there is much to celebrate.